Monday, March 14, 2011

Mon March 14th

Had a good training session today. Lifted heavy but cut down on the number of sets because of it being a deload week. Body felt good. Squats are almost at my pre-surgery weight; that being said I never used to squat as much as I should have. My modified glute ham raises are getting very strong. Also been getting some definition on my abs. This is just a bonus as it was never really a goal... It also goes to show you that you don't need to do 100s of crunches or sit ups. The only time I ever do them is at rugby training because the team is doing them. I just focus more on things like planks and rollouts and avoid spinal flexion exercises. I do need to start working on my cardio a bit more though. I did ten minutes of intervals on the treadmill at the end of my workout and although not terrible I need to put some extra cardio work in. Here's what I ate today:

7:30am muesli with soy milk
10:30am Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c,fish oil)
11:30am Turkey, spinach, tomato, mustard on whole wheat
3pm - Smoothie - mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, flax meal, spinach, olive oil
7pm - Gnocchi, bacon, onion, mushrooms, olive oil, lemon juice, sage
10:30pm - almonds, peanuts, cashews, pecans, raisins, dates; fish oil capsule

Happy with my diet today, my dinner was really good. Bought some stewing beef and other stuff at the grocery store today so I think I'm going to make a beef and guiness stew for St. Patrick's day this thursday, and make enough to freeze for future meals. I'll post the recipe I come up with. Never made one before but I've had enough to know the ingredients; so I'll just figure it out from there (who needs recipes when you can experiment). I've decided to go swimming tomorrow morning to get that cardio work in while not beating the body up too much, hopefully I can do this once or twice a week until the end of school. Off to bed so I can get up and get to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment