Friday, March 4, 2011

Thurs Mar 3rd

Woke up early and hit the gym before class. My squat is getting much stronger and I'm back up to about 200lbs; still have a lot of work to do in order to get my squat back up to where it was pre-injury. More importantly my Glute Ham Raise is getting way stronger then before and my hamstrings are getting some good size back. This is a good thing as the hamstrings help protect the ACL. After my workout I did some cool low back assessment stuff and had my back/ posture analyzed. I do get low back pain from now and then when I stand for a long time so what was said wasn't much of a surprise. I have some things I'm going to do to correct it and hopefully that pain and stiffness will go away. At night I went down to my rugby club for the first pre-season training session. I'm definitely in much better shape then just about everyone there, but more importantly my knee felt great. Taped it up with a custom tape job and tossed a neoprene brace over top. I even did a little contact, not any tackling but running into a contact pad and going to the ground. I didn't notice my knee at all, fatigue or anything. My hands and timing were a little off but that will come back quickly so I'm not worried. Overall very happy with how I felt, and is a sign of how my training and hard work has paid off. Good nutrition is a big help with that so here is what I ate:

6:30am Muesli with soy milk
9am Apple, Banana, Vitamins (multi,b,c,fish oil)
11:30am Chocolate milk; Grilled veggie, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheddar, cucumber, green peppers on whole wheat wrap
3:30pm Gnochii, chicken bacon, onion, olive oil, sage
5:45pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy protein, soy milk, flax meal
9:30pm Chicken, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, mustard on whole wheat; apple
11:30pm Amy's Organic Vegetarian Chili; fish oil capsule

Good day of eating, the gnochii dish I made was really good. Would have been better with actual bacon but was still very good. Ended up staying up a little late to do an assignment but not too late as I already had most of it done. I'll talk about it on Friday's post; that's all until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment