Friday, March 18, 2011

Thurs March 17th

St. Paddy's day. Didn't get drunk though, just a couple pints after rugby training. Spent the entire day before rugby doing homework. For some reason I tend to have assignments due or an exam the day after St. Paddy's; this year is no exception with a short nutrition assignment due. Just analyzing a study on the impact of a caffeine and 6% carbohydrate solution (think putting caffeine into Gatorade, not a red bull which has way too much sugar). According to the study, the group that got caffeine and carb mixture had much better endurance than a control group that received only the carb drink over a ninety minute soccer simulated training session. Might read a bit more into this kind of research and see if its worth trying. Anyways, the rugby session went well. Really starting to get my quickness and sprinting speed back and getting back used to reading situations. My fitness level is already starting to get much better also. Here is what I ate today:

8:30am Muesli with soy milk
10:30am 2 eggs, spicy genoa ham, spinach, tomato, cheddar on whole wheat
1pm Whole wheat spaghettini, tomato, spinach, walnuts, basil pesto
3pm Whey protein, peanut butter, natural honey, soy milk
5pm Beef and Guiness stew
9:30pm Steak and mushroom pie, mashed potatoes and gravy, beer (Cheat meal)

The beef and guiness stew was homemade, big chunks of beef, carrots, potatoes, peas cooked in a rue of spelt flour and guiness. It was pretty good but not the best stew I've made before. Made a big batch so I'll toss a couple servings into the freezer for quick meals. Had the pie and potatoes and beer after rugby in the clubhouse to celebrate the festive occasion. I was done my assignment by then so I could have had more drinks but just didn't really feel like it. That's all for now I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment