Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tues March 15

Woke up early and got to the pool. I am not a swimmer in any sense of the word. I can swim, I'm just not efficient at all. That being said I was focusing on a few aspects of technique; unfortunately I don't have a swim cap yet so I couldn't keep my face straight down so I'm going to buy one asap. Due to my lack of good technique I am not very good at pacing myself. It was a good workout though; swam for about thirty minutes, consisting mostly of about 2-3 lengths followed by either a short rest or switching to the breast stroke for a few to catch my breath. Spent the rest of the day in class or working on an assignment. Here's what I ate:

9am - Protein shake, apple
10:30am - Muesli with milk
12:30pm - Turkey, cheddar, spinach, tomato, mustard on whole wheat; 2 clementines
3:30pm - Amy's Organic Vegetable Barley Soup, 2 slices whole wheat bread
6:30pm Whole wheat spaghettini, spinach, tomato, walnuts, pesto
10pm - Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, spinach, flax meal

Pretty normal day food wise. Not a very exciting day in general; just the swim and some homework today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chris, can i teach you how to swim! I've been coaching swim a lot and think I could give you some front crawl basics.

    P.S My secret plan with you is to eventually turn you into a triathlete.

    ReplyDelete