Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fri Feb 11

Had a very good workout today. It included some squats which I started off pretty light for today but I will move the weight up a fair bit next time. Just had to get used to squatting again and make sure my form was good. I'm definitely a lot weaker at the squat then I was before the surgery but I know that even after a few weeks I'll be putting up fairly good numbers for me. Also did some Glute ham raises. My gym doesn't have a glute ham bench so I had to macgyver one up by hooking my feet under the foot pads of a bench and put my knees on a dome side up bosu. It worked fairly well, I just used pushing myself up off the floor for assistance when needed to get to different rep ranges. As for food:

7:30am Muesli with soy milk, coconut water
10:30pm Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
12:30pm Spicy Genoa Ham, egg, red pepper, onion, spinach, tomato on whole wheat
2:15pm Pecans, cashews, peanuts, raisins, dates
4:30pm Steak, baked potato, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli
7:15pm Brown rice, spinach, sundried tomato, chickpeas, mushrooms, red pepper, walnuts, balsamic vinegar on whole wheat wrap
11pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, soy protein, flax meal, spinach; fish oil capsule

Ate a fair bit again today; made myself a nice steak dinner. Unfortunately I don't have a bbq here at school so I had to pan fry it but it was still pretty good. Also tried coconut water for the first time today; I've heard/read some good things about it's hydration abilities; to be honest I didn't really notice anything but I may try it again during rugby season after a game to see if it helps then. I like experimenting with things like this, only way to find out what works right. That's all for today, just looking forward to tomorrow and the muscle soreness that it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment