Friday, February 25, 2011

Feb 17th-24th

I've been very busy lately, having been out of town for three days while working badminton provincial championships, then the day I returned I worked a Rugby Ontario training camp for the U18 and U17 teams. Both were fun and good experience, I hope to work more and more rugby and build a good reputation for it. Went to see my family and catch up with some friends the day after that, then had an away basketball game to work on the wednesday. Although I wasn't posting, I kept up with my workouts, even adding a couple interval treadmill running days (I have to start improving my cardio for the upcoming season). Ate pretty well the whole time (not going to post because I just don't have the time). Had a cheat meal with a friend at Boston Pizza and had a small pizza and a very large beer; but I also had a couple drinks and a piece of cake over the weekend with family and meeting my girlfriend's brother who lives out of province. But after a good workout I went and played squash without my brace on. This was a great test for whether or not my knee can handle intense agility work; and it went extremely well. No problems at all, even when my foot slipped while making a cut. Very happy about this and shows that I am progressing; still need to keep up the hard work though.

I'm writing this in the clinic of the college I work for while waiting to leave with the indoor soccer teams for a weekend trip to montreal. I will have my computer with me for this trip so I will do my best to keep up with the posts. The hotel has a large salt water pool so I'm hoping to get some laps in one morning before going to work. I don't swim as often as I would like to; it is a great cardio workout and easy on the knees. Made a bunch of food to lessen the amount of food I have to buy this weekend and to ensure the health and nutritional content of it. I'm also hoping to get at least one assignment done this weekend, as well as make a training program for my brother who had the same surgery as me but a year earlier and finally wants to get back to playing rugby. Wish he had told me more then two months before the start of the season but I'll do what I can, he's more of a beginner lifter so I'll have to keep it simple, and deal with some mobility issues he has. But since he is a beginner I'm expecting he has some quick strength gains as long as he sorts his diet out (it isn't the greatest... he hates vegetables and fruits; typical meat and potatoes guy). That's all for now; I'll do my best to post over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. that's food to hear about your brother... too bad yer in Montreal this weekend... don't get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay my advise on the impoortance of building the aerobic system may have affected you!

    ReplyDelete