Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thurs Feb 3

Got up extra early this morning to make up for the missed workout from yesterday when the gym was shut. Had a good workout, didn't push myself a whole lot because its a deload week but still got the muscles working and finished by jumping rope. I'll go to the gym saturday then I'll be back to my mon, wed, fri, routine next week and no workouts will have been missed. Spent the rest of my day in class, studying, working, and a short nap thrown in (I was close to falling asleep in my one boring class but made it through). Have a nutrition exam tomorrow morning and I feel pretty well prepared; just have a few things to go over before bed and when I wake up but I'm not too worried because I already knew a lot of the stuff in the course before the class started. Just concentrating on specific wording and things like that. For a practical use of my nutrition knowledge see my diet for today:

6:30am Muesli with soy milk
9am Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
11am Roast beef, cheddar, spinach, tomato, dijon mustard on whole wheat
1pm Curried red lentil, chickpea, and quinoa stew
5:30pm Whole wheat penne, tomato, spinach, walnuts, onion, basil pesto
10:00pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, banana, soy milk, whey protein, spinach, flax meal; fish oil capsule

I actually have an assignment due in a month where I'm meant to analyze a three day diet using software I got with my nutrition textbook. Should be interesting to see if I'm lacking anything or an overabundance of anything. I don't supplement with any of the fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K) so I can't forsee their being an issue. My protein intake may be a little higher than the suggested percent range of the Canadian food guide but that is for the average person and not an athlete training for muscle and strength gains. On that note, back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment