Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sat Feb 5

Had a good day of training, did my weights as the last workout of my deload week then did some agility ladder work. This is a big deal as it is the first time I've done this kind of training without my brace since the surgery. It went really well; I started off by easing into it but by the end I was going full speed. Worked on things like one legged hops both forwards and sideways and different footwork patterns. The lateral movement stuff is what tends to be the issue with ACL injuries so I was glad to be where I am. This is just a starting point and I still have a long way to go. I will do this for a few weeks and build up the muscles used before advancing to more difficult moves that mimic sidestepping in game situations (much more weight on the single leg while cutting) and finally into touch rugby, then contact. My calves will be a little sore tomorrow so did some anticipatory foam rolling and had an interosseous release and some trigger point work done by my girlfriend who is also in athletic therapy. Here is what I ate today:

8am Muesli with soy milk
11am Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c,fish oil)
1pm 2 eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast, potato with bacon, onion, spinach, oregano, parsley
5pm Homemade protein bar
8:30pm Whole wheat spaghetti, sausage, green pepper, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, tomato sauce
11pm Smoothie - mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, spinach, flax meal, whey protein; fish oil capsule

Ate well today, and tomorrow is a cheat day. Going to save my cheat meal for during the superbowl which I'll be watching at my club. I'm thinking Pittsburgh is going to take it but I'm happy as long as its a good game. Off to bed for me now though. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment