Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sat/Sun Feb 12/13

I've been pretty busy so combined the two posts. Had a game to cover on saturday which I was really busy at because the other team didn't have a therapist and a couple of my players have some nagging injuries that need a fair amount of attention in order for them to play. It's actually really fun to be that busy and kind of running around at times and having to think quickly. I was sore from the day before and the leg workout so I did a bunch of foam rolling, stretching and had an ice bath. This is what I ate:

Sat:
9am 2eggs, 2pcs bacon, 2 slices whole wheat toast
12:30pm Protein shake, banana, vitamins (muli,b,c,fish oil)
4pm Craft Spicy Organic Burger, fries (Cheat Meal)
7pm Smoothie - mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, soy protein, flax meal, spinach
10pm Pecans, peanuts, dates, raisins

Sun:
8:30am Muesli with soy milk
12:30pm Smoothie - mixed berries, banana, dates, soy milk, soy protein, flax meal, spinach
3pm Whole wheat penne, onion, tomato, walnuts, basil pesto
6pm Chicken breast, roasted potatoes, broccoli
8:30pm Homemade Chilli
11pm Protein shake with OJ, apple, banana, fish oil capsule

I'm happy with how I've been eating. I've always found it fairly easy to stay disciplined in regards to nutrition but having a goal in mind of returning to play rugby certainly helps keep me doing everything I can to stay healthy and help see my goals fulfilled. I also had a workout on Sunday in a nice and quiet gym. Session went really well, did more agility work and increased the difficulty a little bit. Just like how in order to get stronger you have to increase weight (progressive overload), in order for my knee to be able to handle the stresses of contact and high speed changes of direction in rugby I need to progress and constantly challenge myself. Going to workout tuesday and thursday as well because I'll be away working badminton provincials and don't know the kind of time or access I'll have to workout. Anyways, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment