Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wed Feb 9

It was a long day. Big assignment due Thursday so spent a lot of time doing that but also had class and clinic hours to do. Ended up being a late night as it took much longer than anticipated to finish the assignment but it got done and done well. Pretty uneventful other than that. Here's what I ate for the day:

8:30am Muesli with soy milk
11am Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soymilk, spinach, flax meal, soy protein; vitamins (multi,b,c,fish oil)
1:30pm Turkey, spinach, tomato, mustard on whole wheat
4:30pm Amy's Organic Chili
7pm Apple, Banana
9:15pm Almonds, pecans, cashews, peanuts, raisins, dates
11:30pm Protein shake, apple, fish oil capsule

Ate a lot today. I've been pretty hungry lately so its not even like I'm forcing food down to try and grow muscle. Kind of curious if I'm doing anything negative to my insulin sensitivity and resistance. Soon enough I'll be switching back to a normal eating pattern and probably will go back to the Eat stop eat style of intermittent fasting which helps regulate insulin sensitivity amongst other things. Thought I would try a can of Amy's chili, many different vegetables in it and all organic. I heard about it on Craig Ballantyne's blog and thought I would give it a go. I had the medium chili with vegetables (its a vegan chili). It was very good, filling and much cheaper than many other quick on the go options (I have a microwave at the clinic I work at so I emptied the can into some tupperware at home and brought that for dinner). I'll probably get a few more cans and maybe try a few more of the companies products.

No comments:

Post a Comment