Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wed Feb 2

Snow day today at my school which unfortunately meant the fitness center was closed. The college I work for was also closed so I couldn't go there to train either. This just means I'll have to wake up extra early tomorrow to get to the gym before my early class. Spent the day studying and preparing food. I have a nutrition exam on friday so I'm getting ready for that. I also have a class on plyometrics tomorrow and we have a test each class so had some reading up to do on that. Other than that, not a whole lot going on today in the white wonderland that is Toronto. Here's what I ate today:

10am Broccoli and cheddar 4 egg scramble, 2pcs bacon, 2 slices whole wheat toast
12:30pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, spinach, flax meal, whey protein; vitamins (multi,b,c,fish oil)
3:30pm Rigatoni, sausage, onion, spinach, walnuts, olive oil
8pm Curried red lentil, chickpea, and quinoa stew
10:30pm Protein shake, apple, fish oil capsule

Made another big batch of the Curried red lentil stew. Have two portions in the freezer and one in the fridge for when I'm busy. I've found cooking like this a great way to eat healthy when I'm running around and don't have time to cook. Also made the protein bars I've talked about for quick snacks that pack a lot of protein and calories. I'm definitely not one to buy protein bars as they are often expensive and filled with a bunch of sugar and other crap but this way I know what is in my food. Like I said I have to get up extra early so I'm off to get my school stuff and clothes ready so I can get moving quickly in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment