Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wed Feb 16

I was pretty damn stiff and sore today after yesterday's workout, Upper and lower back as well as my forearms were quite sore. Did some stretching and foam rolling to help which I believe it did. Spent the day finishing an assignment, in class, doing laundry, and preparing a bunch of food for this weekend. I'm travelling to London (Ontario) with the school I work for's badminton team for the provincial championships. The hotels usually have continental breakfast with lots of fruit, but I'm going to bring muesli as cereal choices tend to be high in sugar. I'm also bringing some healthy bean and pasta salads as I'm not sure whether I will have access to a microwave; also some chorizo sausage, homemade trail mix, protein powder, and a sandwich for the road. If their is one thing I've learned from travelling with sports teams is that preparation is everything if you want to continue eating healthy. Speaking of healthy eating:

7:30am Muesli with soy milk
10:45am Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, soy protein, flax meal, spinach; vitamins (multi,b,c,fish oil)
1:30pm Tofu with steamed carrots, broccoli, and red cabbage, and rice
4:30pm Spicy tuna salad, tomato, spinach on whole wheat
6pm Chorizo sausage, asparagus, sweet potato
9:30pm Spicy genoa ham, mozzarella, basil, tomato, olive oil on whole wheat
11pm Protein shake, apple, fish oil capsule

Ate well today, spent about 3 hours in the kitchen between preparing today's meals and ones for the weekend. My modified caprese salad sandwich that I came up with for my 9:30pm meal was really good. I'm going to have to make that again. That's all I have for today, off to bed so I can wake up early to hit the gym before early class.

1 comment: