Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day One - Monday Jan 10, 2011

Just starting a new muscle building program today designed to get my strength and athleticism back into rugby shape for the upcoming season. I had ACL surgery back on April 29th 2010 and the rugby season starts late April to early May usually. Up until now most of my training has been focusing on my one leg while maintaining general health and fitness. Now things are switching up and I'm building strength and size that remains functional for the physical needs of a rugby match while ensuring that my knee is able to handle the agility and contact demands.

On this blog I'm going to post my nutrition, thoughts, and how I feel about my workout of the day. I am using a program designed by Jason Ferrugia. The one I'm using is Triple Threat Muscle . After following Jason's Blog and reading his views and methods I felt confident that for my needs it would be far better than something I could design myself at this point. Out of respect for Jason I'm not going to post my workouts (Would probably get sued as well and can't afford that) but I will comment on how I felt about them and my progress.

My food for the day:
8:30am Vector, almonds, raisins, soy milk
10:30am Protein shake, Apple, Vitamins (multi, B, C, Fish Oil)
11:30am Turkey, Cranberry Jelly, lettuce, tomato on ciabatta bun
3pm Whole wheat penne with red onion, mushrooms, spinach, walnuts, tomato sauce
6:30pm Large Coffee 2 milk
7:15pm Apple
10pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, Soy Milk, Flax meal, Spinach, whey protein; and a fish oil capsule

Workout was great. Very excited about starting the new program and hope to keep this momentum going. I know i'll be sore/tight over the next few days as I'm coming off being busy with exams into the flu so had some workout-less time. Will have to do a lot of foam rolling and stretching in the near future to combat this. As for the nutrition part: felt pretty good about it. Not a huge fan of using a boxed cereal like vector but I'm looking for a better quick option. I train in the morning before class so I try to be in the gym by 8:45 (also the only time my university gym is nice and empty and I don't have to wait for many things), so I'm still trying to get that routine back and slept in a little. My 11:30am sandwich was bought from the overpriced crappy cafeteria on my way to class (Nutrition class of all classes); which means most likely shitty meat and canned full of sugar cranberry jelly as well as just didn't taste that great. This was just lack of preparation on my part and that is something I will have to improve upon. Other than that I felt great, a little tired around 6:30pm (hence the coffee) as I started work but overall a good day. Can't wait for the morning and the muscle soreness it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment