Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thurs Jan 13th

Today was a pretty good day. Learned some new techniques in a clinical skills based class in the morning then had a nice stretching and foam rolling session. I have been pretty stiff and sore so I decided to do a nice contrast bath. If you have access to a hot and cold tub they are great for helping temporarily get rid of the soreness and some studies show they help quicken the healing process. If you don't have access to tubs, cranking your shower all the way down for a minute then back up to nice and hot for two to three minutes should work alright. I found it beneficial, so on Thursdays if I'm sore I think I'll keep doing them (its the only day I'm free when my school clinic is open). No workout today, just the recovery work which I did rather extensively. Food consisted of:

8:15am Muesli
11:15am Protein Shake, Apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
1pm Turkey, cheddar, tomato, spinach and arugula, mustard on whole wheat
3:15pm Spicy Tuna Salad, Spinach and arugula, tomato on whole wheat
6:15pm Smoothie - mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, spinach and arugula, whey powder, flax meal
11pm Almonds, cashews, pecans, dates, dried cranberries; Fish oil capsule

Another pretty good day of eating, and I'm starting to get back into a proper sleep/wake routine which makes life much easier. I had a short nap in the afternoon which I actually kept to about twenty minutes, I'm happy about this because my naps tend to turn into sleeping for a few hours and keeping me up late. Felt pretty refreshed after that and went to work, got home, ate, and bed with some school reading done at various times throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment