Monday, January 17, 2011

Mon Jan 17th

Felt pretty good for a Monday, started off moving a little slow but once I got going I was fine. Early workout and their was a bit of a crowd in the gym for that time of the morning but wasn't much of an issue. Really good workout, put up some serious improvements numbers wise in just about everything. Gotta take advantage while the gains are moving so fast. My split squat is improving a lot which is important in gaining the leg strength needed to protect my new ligament when rugby season comes around so I'm happy about that. Also did ten minutes of interval style skipping of 30 seconds hard then 30 seconds off. Its been a while since I've jumped rope but I did surprisingly well, especially with the one legged skipping on my repaired knee. Oh and I saw something amazing at the gym; I watched a guy eat ribs in between exercises... at 9 in the morning... after finishing a set of bicep curls in which I think he used every muscle in the body except his biceps. My more logical food choices included:

8am Muesli, soy milk
10:30am Protein shake, Apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
11:30am Turkey, cheddar, spinach and arugula, tomato, mustard, on whole wheat bread
3pm Whole wheat penne, tomato, spinach and arugula, walnuts, basil pesto
6pm Apple, Banana
10:30pm Curried red lentil, chickpea, and quinoa stew made yesterday

Pretty normal day for me diet wise. Not much to comment on really; didn't have a smoothie today based on when I was home and don't know how much my roommates would appreciate a blender at certain times. But oh well. Bed now, gotta get up and do some readings for an injury epidemiology class (sounds exciting, I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment