Friday, January 21, 2011

Fri Jan 21

Had a good night of sleep last night and woke up and got moving quite quickly this morning. Got to the gym early as a result so I had a nice long stretch, foam roll, and warm up before my workout. Workout went absolutely amazing. Showed serious strength gains on every exercise I was doing; and my technique is starting to get better with the Turkish get ups. Had a class then went to clinic for a few hours and took the train home to visit my parents in Burlington. Staying here tonight and tomorrow night, gonna try to get some work done and spend some time with the family before going to work on Sunday morning. Food today:

7:45am Muesli with soy milk
10:15am Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
12pm Spicy genoa ham, egg, red pepper, onion, spinach, tomato on pumpernickel rye toast
5pm Whole wheat bowtie pasta, rapini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, white kidney beans, walnuts
8pm Chicken breast, potatoes, green beans
10:45pm Protein shake, banana, grapes, fish oil capsule

Felt pretty good about what I ate today with the exception of my 8pm meal. Healthy but very bland. This is the kind of cooking I grew up with (Irish/ Scottish family). Dry chicken, potatoes or rice, and some kind of vegetable usually green beans or broccoli. This might be why I enjoy cooking and trying new flavors out as much as I do. I have a cheat meal in the cards for tomorrow or sunday so I'll probably use it tomorrow and avoid some bland cooking. I don't see why you can't eat healthy and enjoy it at the same time (happy mind, healthy body). That's all from this end.

No comments:

Post a Comment