Friday, January 28, 2011

Thurs Jan 27 & Fri Jan 28

Thurs Jan 27

Very long day. Class then travel downtown to get the bus to belleville (about 2.5 hours away) for two basketball games. Then back to downtown Toronto then back up to York. Went to bed as soon as I came in (around 1am) so I could get up for my workout the next morning. Had to plan my food ahead of time and that helped as the only food around the college was cafeteria/fast food. Here's how that went:

8am Muesli with soy milk
11:30am Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, spinach, flax meal, protein; vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
2pm Brown rice, chicken, tomato, black beans, corn, red onion, red pepper, salsa
5pm 2 apples
7:30pm Turkey, cheddar, spinach, tomato, mustard on rye
10:30pm Whole wheat bowtie pasta, spinach, white kidney beans, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tomato
1am Protein shake, fish oil capsule


Fri Jan 28

Once I got moving I was just fine despite a late night. I'm travelling all Saturday so I couldn't push my workout back a day. Have to commit to get the results though. Workout was great especially for not being well rested. I really stepped it up on a few exercises like my dumbbell military press and reverse lunge. Later I had clinic to work for a few hours and I'm really starting to gain more confidence while doing injury assessments. I have been studying hard so I'm glad to see it paying off. Food was pretty good for the day and looked like this:

7:45am Muesli with soy milk
10:30am Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
12:30pm 1 egg, onion, red pepper, spicy genoa ham, 2 slices rye toast
4:30pm Turkey, cheddar, spinach, tomato, mustard on rye
7pm Apple, banana
9:30pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, spinach, flax meal, whey protein

Ate well today. As I said I'm travelling all day tomorrow so I made a pasta salad for tomorrow and tried out a protein bar recipe I found. They're setting right now in the fridge so I'll let you know how they work out in tomorrow's post. Gotta get to bed for a very early rise tomorrow so that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment