Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tues Jan 25

Today was a fairly regular day, just had a lot of school stuff to do. My only class of the day got cancelled so I got a fair amount out of the way. Also had a basketball practice to cover. During the practice I did some foam rolling and later I used a tennis ball to roll out my shoulders followed by a cane to do some muscle release on my traps. Like many rugby players, my neck and shoulders are prone to tightness and general soreness. After a long lay off from actual contact rugby the problem had gone down a fair bit, just a bit of soreness every so often. With my increased training volume that has been occurring as I prepare to make my return this tightness and aching pain is starting to resurface so this time I'm going to try and manage it much better. A little prehab goes a long way is something I've learned since since starting athletic therapy, and also from years of abusing my body. Now for something completely different:

8:30am 2pcs Chicken bacon, 1 egg, spinach, tomato on rye
10:30am Protein shake, apple, banana, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
1pm Turkey, spinach, tomato, mustard on rye
5:15pm Brown rice, chicken, avocado, tomato, red onion, red pepper, black beans, corn, salsa
9pm Smoothie - mixed berries, banana, soy milk, spinach, whey protein
11pm Almonds, dates, fish oil capsule

Ate pretty well today. My dinner was pretty good, I like mexican food, and love how cheap black beans are.Had a quick shopping run for fruit and veggies. Proud that I'm going through them quickly and not wasting much. I travel with my team on both thursday and saturday so I'll have to do some good meal planning ahead of time in preparation so I don't have to eat crap fast food (which the athletes eat both before and after the game; I can't imagine downing a burger a couple hours before trying to perform at my best). More importantly though, I have Sunday off which I am really really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment