Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thurs Jan 20

Man these last two weeks have flown by. Between training, classes, work, and planning/preparing food and for workouts it feels as if I haven't had a second of being still. I rather enjoy this though, as this is when I tend to succeed and make the most progress in most aspects of my life. As long as I don't have time to sit on my ass and watch tv I tend to study hard in the time I have available and be much more efficient with my time. I've had lots of energy and not been that sore from my workouts. I know I've been working hard so I can easily conclude that my recovery has been good (from both nutrition, and things like stretching, foam rolling, etc...). This is what I ate today:

10am 3pcs Chicken bacon, 1 egg, onion, spinach, tomato on pumpernickel rye toast; vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
1:15pm Smoothie - Mixed berries, 2 bananas, soy milk, flax meal, spinach, whey protein
4pm Leftover bean salad from yesterday
6:45pm The Trainer's Bowl from Live - Quinoa, tofu, tempeh, steamed broccoli, black bean hummus, sprouts, some kind of vegan whole oat breadstick
11pm Protein shake, apple, fish oil capsule

Another good eating day. Live is a restaurant just by dupont station in Toronto that specializes in vegan and raw food. I've ate here a few times, mainly when I did a two week veganism experiment in September (I'll talk more about that in a later post... sometime soon). It was very good, especially the black bean hummus. It is a little pricey (for a quick meal for a student) so not somewhere I go very often. I only got it today instead of preparing a meal because a friend of mine asked me to help them with an assignment on designing a workout program for a scrum half (just happens to be the position I play), following an injury (this is starting to sound real familiar). That's all I have for tonight, now off to bed to wake up and get to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment