Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wed Jan 19

Training day today. Felt really strong with one leg Romanian deadlifts so very happy about that. The hamstrings are very important at keeping the tibia from moving forward on the femur which helps reduce the load on the ACL so my vast improvements in strength are a good sign. Finished the workout with mountain climbers and my hip flexors felt very tight so did some stretching for that and I.T. band and TFL because the tightness was also coming on in a little to the side of my hip. Also a quick foam roll on the spot of tightness. This had a huge impact and was loosened off in no time. Much better to treat it quickly then at the end of my workout than to spend a few days of soreness and tightness trying to work it out. Eating today went a little bit like this:

8am Muesli with Soy milk
10:15am Protein shake, apple, vitamins (multi,b,c, fish oil)
11:30am spicy tuna salad on whole wheat
2pm Almonds, pecans, cashews, dried cranberries, dates
8pm Mixed beans, sun dried tomatoes, rapini, walnuts, red onion, basil pesto
10:30pm Smoothie - mixed berries, 2 bananas, spinach, soy milk, whey protein; Fish oil capsule

Good day of eating; got a little hungry around seven but was busy working so I ate the pre-made bean salad on the subway home afterwards. I modified the recipe to try to use up some of the rapini I had in the fridge and ended up tasting way better so I'm gonna keep this recipe. Gonna have a lot to do over the next few days in order to go home to visit family on saturday so planning and time management is going to be key. Will probably end up working on assignments at my parents house for some of the time but gonna try to limit that as much as possible. Speaking of time management I'm gonna go and do some work now.

3 comments:

  1. Are you liking the fish oil? Is it doing what you need it to do? umm ... what DOES it do, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a kind (GNC) that doesn't give me fish burps which is always a plus. I take the fish oil and sometimes use the ground flax seed as extra sources of Omega 3s. There are several things they do but the things I'm more interested in are things like how it helps with brain and nervous system health and development, helps reduce inflammation to fight off disease and quicken recovery times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've hear that if you freeze the fish oil cpas, the fish burps don't happen.

    ReplyDelete